To begin the task of learning how to attend to Orula, you must bear in mind that there are many ways to do it, but in all of them there must be respect and love in order to achieve what we long for.
Remember that faith and humility in our religion are indispensable values for any ceremony, of course, first and foremost we must remember to follow the advice of our elders.
First of all, to know the secrets of how to attend to Orula, you must know that he is the owner of our destiny, the owner of knowledge, therefore you can never lie to him and much less ask evil of another person.
Because he is very just and his word never falls to the ground; for this reason, it is well known that Orula may be given complaints, but he never asks evil of anyone.
He will take care of settling the account with the person who wronged you, and this is where the importance of knowing exactly how to attend to Orula arises.
Here at Planeta Yoruba we will show you some tips and ways, which you can try out when you ask yourself how to attend to Orula.
How to attend to Orula? The prohibitions of the santeros in front of him
- As long as we are in his presence, we can never say bad words.
- We must be fully clothed and never naked
- Engaging in any form of sexual intercourse
- Having arguments, let alone fights
- In his presence we may not curse or wish any evil.
- In general, we can say that absolutely nothing disrespectful to this deity
[rb_related title=”Te puede interesar” total=”2″ style=”light”]
Recommendations to follow before attending to Orula
In order to know how to take care of Orula in the way he deserves, you should not miss the following recommendations that we bring to you:
- Before proceeding to touch it, we must be totally clean, very well groomed, not having had sexual relations that day, let alone the day before it.
- You should not drink alcoholic beverages before touching it, after that, yes.
- In the case of women, they must not be menstruating in order to be able to attend.
- If you don’t have one, a white cloth will suffice.
- Remember that it should never be directly on the ground
When exactly should we attend to Orunmila?
- Orula is usually attended to on Sundays, or when you have the time to be able to do so.
- In addition to this, you are attended to on the 16th of each month or every 21 days; although if you thought of another day, it can also be done that way. There is a reason why things happen
- In addition to this, it is also common for offerings to this deity to be made on the day of his celebration, which is the 4th of October.
Offering for Orula that can be offered to him?
Keep in mind that everything with much love, respect and faith will be well received by this saint, you can offer the following to Orunmila:
- Gofio balls with honey
- Flowers (sunflowers)
- Boiled yam balls
- Sweets, among many others
As for drinks, you can offer her two glasses with wine or gin; these are of total use, follow these recommendations and we believe you will know exactly how to serve Orula.
On the other hand, we must tell you that all offerings must be left in front of the saint for no more than 16 days, and they must always be on even days.
After all this period of time has passed, we should take all the offerings and take them to a river, or as your elders have instructed you.
What are the adimu for Orula?
If you are wondering how to make an offering (Adimu) to Orula when attending to Orula, here is how you can do it.
- Offerings should be placed on two white plates to Orula.
- The offerings for Orula should always be even numbers, 2,4,6,8,10,12…And half of them should be placed on each plate, if there are 12 bananas, there would be 6 on each plate.
- If the offering to Orula is food, you should taste each of these so that the saint will see that what is offered will not harm him.
- Every time you proceed to attend to him, 2 white or green candles should be present.
- Candles should never be placed directly on the floor, they should always be placed on top of two white plates.
What do you think of these recommendations on how to attend to Orula? Follow these steps and recommendations and the saint will know how to thank and reward.
We must keep in mind at all times that the saint is love and constancy; our faith and dedication to him is the best we have to offer.